I have a 12-word seed phrase for my Bitcoin wallet. I need the hex and WIF private keys for my wallet. How can I get it?
Here's how to get the hex private key of your Bitcoin wallet:
- Import your wallet to UniSat wallet. You can import your existing wallet using your seed phrase. Skip this step when you're already using UniSat wallet.
UniSat provides 4 types of deposit addresses under one wallet.
- To get the hex or WIF private key for your wallet, you need to identify the type of your deposit address using this 👇 way.
Your UniSat account has a single seed phrase that can be used to access four types of addresses. However, each type of address has a separate WIF and hex private key.
- Now click on Settings icon at bottom.
- Click Address Type.
- To get the hex and WIF private keys for a specific address type, choose the address type and come back to wallet front page.
- Click Account.
- To access the menu, click on the three dots icon.
- Click Export private key.
- To view your private keys, enter your password and click on the Show Private Key button.
- Now, it will show you the both WIF and Hex private keys of your bitcoin wallet.
Are you interested in becoming a Shots contributor or do you have any questions for our current contributors? Join our Discord community.